Sennheiser IE 400 PRO In-Ear Headphones (Clear)
The Sennheiser IE 400 PRO dynamic, in-ear headphones for wireless monitoring systems offer musicians, DJs, and sound engineers a rich listening experience with clear, studio-like accuracy, when performing in quiet to moderately loud stage environments. With a secure, comfortable fit rivaling custom-molded models for isolation, the IE 400 PRO shields the user from excessive stage volumes and poor room acoustics to deliver punchy sound with transparent midrange.
Made to exacting specifications at Sennheiser's German factory, the clear IE 400 PRO features elegant, low-profile housings that are built to survive the rigors of live gigging, while providing a secure, comfortable fit so you can wear them for hours without fatigue. With the IE 400 PRO monitors, you can forget you're even wearing in-ears and feel more connected with your music and the audience, allowing you to perform at your best.
Reinvented Single Dynamic Driver
- The IE 400 PRO's SYS 7 driver system withTrueResponse technology features a 7mm single driver that delivers natural and differentiated sound reproduction across the frequency spectrum, eliminating distortion, overlapping frequencies, and feedback peaks associated with multiple drivers.
- Even at high sound pressure levels up to 123 dB, the IE 400 PRO reproduce a completely natural, clear, and spacious soundstage with a total harmonic distortion (THD) under 0.08% and a 6 Hz to 19 kHz frequency response for extended low end.
Safe Monitoring, Less Fatigue
- To protect users against ear damage caused by excessive stage sound levels, the IE 400 PRO reduces ambient sound by up to 26 dB. This is achieved by a choice of included ear adapters (S, M, L) made from memory foam, which expands to perfectly fit the ear canal, ensuring perfect acoustic sealing with the added benefit of enhanced bass reproduction.
- The TrueResponse driver system delivers precise and detailed sound, so you don't have to turn up the level to hear yourself clearly in the mix, keeping your hearing safe even during long periods of use.
- The IE 400 PRO's miniature design permits a lightweight, ultra-compact construction which, thanks to the accompanying silicone and memory foam adapters, can be individually adjusted to fit you perfectly.
- The earphones’ sound tunnel has two rest positions to precisely adjust the ear adapters to the depth and structure of your ear canal.
- This results in a secure and comfortable fit that comes very close to custom-made ear molds, ensuring that the IE 400 PRO remains secure and comfortable for hours on end.
Reliable, Stage-Proof Cable
- The headphones come with a 4.27' detachable, black, straight cable that features reinforced ear hooks.
- The impressive audio performance of the IE 400 PRO is complemented by an innovative mechanical design, which includes a proprietary cable ducting with the connection inside the ear mold, reducing risk of cable breaks.
- The cable's sturdy anti-kink sleeve sits directly on the ear mold, providing a long-lasting solution against the wear and tear that occurs during heavy use.
- For easy distinction, the right ear mold has a red ring at its cable connection.
IE 400 PRO vs IE 500 PRO
- The IE 500 PRO delivers a few extra dBs of sound pressure level—which can be crucial on loud stages and in clubs.
- Compared to the IE 400 PRO, the IE 500 PRO offers a slightly wider frequency response and added presence in the midrange, allowing artists to localize themselves in the mix more easily.
- The cable on the IE 500 PRO features a twisted-pair design for increased resistance to structure-borne noise.
- Recommended applications for the iE 400 PRO: quiet to moderately loud musical genres—jazz, blues, acoustic, country, pop, and more.