Roland Aira Compact Voice Tweaker and Trransformation Tool and an Onboard Looper (E-4)
ROLAND AIRA COMPACT VOICE TWEAKER AND TRANSFORMATION TOOL AND AN ONBOARD LOOPER (E-4)
Quickly and easily add an awesome variety of effects to your vocals with the Roland AIRA Compact E-4 Voice Tweaker. This ultraportable effect unit harmonizes, auto-pitches, vocodes, loops, and rhythmically glitches your voice (or any other audio source you feed into it) using intuitive button and fader controls that you can manipulate both for live performances and studio recordings.
Plug a microphone into the 1/4" input and use the level control to set the right gain for your voice; the 3.5mm headphone jack can also accept an inline headset mic. Then simply dial in the effect you want using the front panel controls. MIDI ports, sync I/O, and a class-compliant USB interface allow the E-4 to play nicely with DAWs, mobile devices, and, of course, other AIRA gear. The unit is powered via its USB port, which also charges the built-in lithium-ion battery. The battery allows the E-4 to operate for up to 3.5 hours on a single charge.
Inspiring Vocal Processing from Roland
- The E-4 combines powerful voice transformer tools and standard vocal effects with a tactile interface that's meant to be played. This lean mean machine puts a treasure trove of high-quality processing in a go-everywhere gadget that's endlessly enjoyable and amazingly affordable.
Perform with Sound
- By working the E-4’s inviting panel, you can go from traditional vocal enhancements, to punchy beatboxed grooves, to striking alien soundscapes—all in a single performance. Select different sonic shapers, trigger looper controls, cycle through Scatter effects, and tweak pitch, formant, and more in the flow.
- Take your singing to the next level with automatic harmony effects. Set the key and chord voicing on the fly and bring head-turning flair to any song. And with Auto Pitch, you can dial in everything from subtle tuning fixes to the hard-tuned sounds heard in mainstream pop tracks.
Loop and Scatter
- Turn one voice into an entire orchestra using the 24-second looper. Overdub layer after layer with the E-4's effects to create wild, vocal-driven rides. Then slice and dice with the expressive Scatter knob, which chops your sound into colorful bits that you control with a twist.
Channel Your Inner Robot
- Use direct-access tools to instantly change your vocal gender, conjure sounds from outer space, or transform yourself into a mechanical persona (good or evil is up to you). There’s also a powerful vocoder, which you can drive from a large pool of onboard synth waveforms, the E-4’s pitch functions, or an external MIDI keyboard for an endless variety of textures.
Link Up and Go
- Connect a handheld mic to the front input for performing, or use a gaming headset or the inline mic on your earbuds to bring fresh vocal fun to your next livestream or podcast. Sync with other AIRA Compacts like the T-8 Beat Machine and J-6 Chord Synthesizer to expand your range. Or interface with computer DAWS, mobile music apps, and hardware instruments via USB-C or MIDI.
Everywhere at Once
- The E-4 creatively accentuates vocals anytime and anywhere. The lithium-ion battery provides up to 3.5 hours of power per charge, and the rugged build will support inspired magic and mayhem for a long, long time.
- Vocal Performance Tool
- Pitch and Formant Sliders
- Auto Pitch, Harmony, and Vocoder
- Scatter Knob for Rhythmic Effects
- Reverb, Echo, Tempo Delay, and Chorus
- 24-Sec Looper with Unlimited Overdubbing
- Class-Compliant Audio/MIDI USB Interface
- 1/4" Mic Input with Gain Control
- Headphone Jack with In-Line Mic Support
- USB Power, 3.5 Hours on Built-In Battery