QSC CP12 Two-Way 12" 1000W Compact Powered Loudspeaker with DSP
Note: Contact store for ETA on delivery.
QSC CP12-NA Overview
Audio engineers and sound reinforcement rental houses looking for a compact, high-powered PA speaker will be impressed by the QSC CP12, a 1000W powered PA speaker that's portable, versatile, and simple to use. It can function as a main PA in a wide variety of positions, with a pair able to cover an audience up to 250. The onboard DSP processing, 3-input mixer, and contour settings with easy-to-use presets help working presenters, musicians, instructors, performers, and A/V providers get powerful, clean, and clear sound quickly.
The speaker provides 75° coverage from the center axis and 126 dB of continuous SPL—plenty of volume for smaller venues including houses of worship, conference centers, performance spaces, and meeting rooms. The highly efficient 1000W Class-D amplifier powers the 1.4" titanium compression driver and 12” woofer, providing crisp, detailed sound with a wide frequency range from 20 kHz down to 49 Hz.
Three inputs are on the back. Inputs A and B feature combo XLR-1/4" connectors. Input A offers a Line input—convenient if you're using a mixer to combine multiple input sources. Input B offers a Mic/Line selection and a Mic Boost button, which adds an additional +25 dB of gain to the input. Input C features a stereo 3.5mm TRS auxiliary input for connecting portable audio devices including phones and MP3 players.
Individual gain controls on the A&B inputs allow the speaker to function as a 2-channel mixer. Input C is controlled via the A input gain control. Combine a microphone for presentations, or combine a mic, instrument, and backing tracks for singer/songwriter gigs. The speaker can also be used as floor monitors, giving them added versatility.
An XLR Thru-Output is available for daisy-chaining to additional speakers or other audio equipment. All three mono inputs are mixed to a mono signal internally and are passed-thru the Mix Out XLR connector. For a true stereo L/R operation, two CP12s are needed with each to receive independent the left and right signals respectively.
QSC's Directivity Matched Transition (DMT) matches the angle of the woofer and the horn to ensure consistent, high-quality sound across the entire coverage area. The Intrinsic Correction techniques ensure a smooth power response, resulting in accurate performance in a wide range of acoustic spaces with little or no EQ. The CP12 includes a power cord.
At a Glance
- Compact and powerful performance
- 1000W peak power Class-D amplifier module
- Easily selected contours for commonly used applications
- Advanced DSP with Intrinsic Correction for superior sound quality and speaker protection
- Directivity Matched Transition (DMT) for consistent frequency response across the entire coverage area
- Lightweight and highly portable
- Professional appearance looks great in any application
- Use for main PA, stage monitor, or instrument amplifier
- 35mm pole socket
- Default: The standard, factory voicing of the loudspeaker for use with live music, program music, or instruments.
- Default Ext Sub: The standard, factory voicing of the loudspeaker with an 80 Hz high-pass filter for use with live music, program music, or instruments, and an external subwoofer, for example, the KS112.
- Dance: A voicing with low-frequency enhancement and mid/high clarity more suitable for program material playback like pop or electronic music. When MIC BOOST is selected, input B contour changes to “Speech” while input A remains as “Dance.”
- Dance Ext Sub: A voicing with low-frequency enhancement and mid/high clarity more suitable for program material playback like pop or electronic music, with an 80 Hz high-pass filter for use with an external subwoofer, for example, the KS112. When MIC BOOST is selected, input B contour changes to “Speech” while input A remains as “Dance.”
- Floor Monitor: A voicing for a full, balanced sound when used as a floor monitor, giving added stability when live microphones are nearby
- Speech: A voicing (Input B only) that gives clarity and stability when used with either a handheld dynamic microphone or headset microphone. Input A/C remains on the Default voicing so that music or audio can pass through the loudspeaker simultaneously without the Speech voicing being applied to it