Novation Launchkey Mini MK3 25-Key USB MIDI Keyboard Controller
The Novation Launchkey Mini MK3 is a 25-key USB MIDI keyboard controller optimized for portability and tight integration with Ableton Live. It features 16 velocity-sensitive, multicolor, backlit trigger pads that can be used to launch loops, samples, and more, while the eight knobs enable access to mixer functions and instrument/effect parameters. The USB-powered controller is compatible with a variety of DAWs and apps on Mac/Windows computers and iOS devices (adapter cables available separately).
The MK3 model offers expanded functionality and connectivity not found on the MK2. Dual touch strips, a flexible arpeggiator, single-finger chord triggering, and transport buttons let you spend more time creating on the controller and less time fiddling with your software. Utilize the 3.5mm MIDI output to control hardware synthesizers, drum machines, or sound modules from the Launchkey Mini MK3. The included software bundle provides sounds, instruments, and effects to get you started and keep you inspired.
- 25 mini keys with synth action and velocity sensitivity
- Two touch strips for pitch bend and modulation
- Eight control knobs
- 16 velocity-sensitive RGB backlit pads
- Transpose and octave up/down buttons
- Play, record, stop transport controls
- Dedicated buttons for arpeggiator and fixed chord (one-finger chord) functions
- Ableton Live functions including solo/mute, scene launch, capture MIDI, and scene up/down
- MIDI channel selection and track navigation function via Shift key
- 3.5mm mini jack for MIDI output (3.5mm to MIDI cable available separately)
- 1/4" sustain pedal input
- Volume, pan, sends A/B through knobs
- Record and play
- Assign custom mapping to knobs and pads
- Track navigation
- Device control
- Capture MIDI
- Clip launch
- Clip stop
- Scene launch
- Scene navigation
- Track solo/mute
- Scripts for Ableton, Logic, and Reason (device control for Ableton, Logic, and Reason)
- HUI support for other DAWs such as Pro Tools, Reaper, and Studio One
- Control volume, pan, sends, record, play, preset, and assign custom mapping
- Creative arpeggiator with mutate and deviate rhythm options
- Multiple modes such as up, down, up/down, played, random, chord, mutate
- Various rates including 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, and all associated triplets
- 1/2/3/4 octave modes
- O, oxo, oxxo, random, and deviate rhythms
- On/off latch
- Tempo, swing, and gate via knobs when pressing the Arp button
- Mutate mode allows access to all mutate possibilities through the knob while pressing the Arp button
- Deviate rhythm allows access to all deviations of the rhythm through the knob whilepressing the Arp button
- Three symbols at the left side reserved for future arpeggiator updates
- Includes Ableton Live Lite and works with Logic, Reason, or any HUI-compatible DAW
- Includes a powerful software bundle with sounds, instruments, and effects from AAS, Softube, Spitfire Audio, XLN Audio, and Klevgrand
- Includes access to Sound Collective for new, free content every few months
Firmware Update v1.1 Key Features
Strum mode for Launchkey Mini [MK3]
The firmware v1.1 update introduces the new Strum Mode feature to Launchkey Mini [MK3] and Launchkey [MK3]. Strum Mode was created as an inspirational new feature to help ignite that creative spark and add an extra dimension to melody making. Easy to use, users can hold down notes and trigger strum mode by using the mod strip on the Launchkey Mini [MK3], or by using the mod wheel on the Launchkey [MK3]. For total sonic variation, Strum Mode can also be used alongside other arpeggiator modes on Launchkey devices.
As well as the addition of Strum Mode, Launchkey Mini [MK3] will receive some extra updates with v1.1. These new updates incorporate some important and functional features that have been requested by the Novation community.
Adjustable pad brightness
Pad brightness can be adjusted for better visibility and comfortable ease of use in all light settings.
Toggle pad velocity
Pad velocity can now be switched on or off depending on user preference– especially helpful for finger drummers who prefer to have a fixed velocity.
Toggle MIDI clock output
Clock output from the MIDI port can now be toggled on or off. This increases flexibility for users when connecting Launchkey Mini to other MIDI devices.
Double-tap shift function for arp and fixed chord modes
A new double-tap shift function latches the shift button to enable one-handed control of shift-modified buttons — perfect for tweaking with one hand while playing with the other, or when simultaneously playing guitar or using a connected synth.
Firmware updates for Circuit and Peak saw great consumer reaction as well as increased sales, and we anticipate similar positive results from the firmware v1.1 update for Launchkey.