Mackie Onyx 1640i - 16-Channel FireWire Mixer
Mackie Onyx 1640i
MackieÌâåÊ is an 16-channel audio mixer with a built-in FireWire computer audio interface. It features a meticulously designed audio mixer section with flexible capabilities for both the studio and the stage. You can tap into the power of computer recording in new ways with its deep DAW integration. The fact that the 1640i is fully compatible with Pro Tools M-Powered 8 software really makes it a full-featured audio tool that can adapt to any situation.
Every channel on the 1640i features a 4-band dual sweep Perkins EQ , a boutique-quality Onyx mic preamp, and 6 aux sends with pre, post, and solo modes. There are 4 sub groups and a full-featured master section. Every one of these channels (including the aux sends, sub groups, and master) can be routed through the FireWire interface into the DAW of your choice. The 16040i also has the exclusive ability to route 16 channels out of your DAW back through the channels in the mixer for an old school, tape-style mix down.
There are some interesting capabilities in the computer integration aspect of the 1640i. If you have any good sounding effects that you use with your DAW software, you can easily integrate them into your mixes. For live sound, you can have your computer connected and route an aux send to your DAW, apply the effect in your software, and route the wet signal back into the mixer. You can record individual tracks in your DAW, and record the master mix outputs separately.
The first two channels on the Onyx 1640i feature a button that transforms the input into an instrument-level DI. This is ideal for recording guitars and basses. It includes a full-featured talkback section with a built-in microphone that enables you to communicate with artists from the control room of your studio, or through monitors with musicians on stage. It's no accident that Mackie is one of the most heavily relied upon manufacturers of recording and sound reinforcement equipment, and the Onyx 1640i is among the most versatile pieces of gear they've ever produced.
- 16-channel premium analog mixer with integrated 24-bit/96kHz FireWire I/O
Qualified by Mackie for use with all major production software, including:
Pro Tools M-Powered 8
Final Cut Pro
SonarFinal Cut Pro
- 16 Onyx boutique-quality mic preamps
- 4-band Perkins EQ with sweepable mids on mono channels
- Full 16 x 16 FireWire channel streaming for ultimate DAW integration
- Flexible FireWire routing, including aux sends, groups and pre/post EQ assignment for all channels
- 6 aux sends with pre/post assignment and solo
- Smooth 60mm channel and master faders
- Built-in DI on first two channels for direct connection of guitars, bass, etc.
- Individual 48V phantom power switches on all mic inputs
- 4-segment metering on every channel
- 4-bus architecture for flexible sub-grouping of channels
- Talkback section for use with internal or external mic
- Rotating I/O pod for desktop or rackmount operation - rack ears included
- "Planet Earth" switching power supply for worldwide use