KRK S12.4 Powered Studio Subwoofer (12")
KRK S12.4-NA Overview
Audio engineers, studio musicians, and audio enthusiasts looking for a high-quality active subwoofer to extend the low frequencies of their monitor setup will be thrilled with the KRK S12.4, a fourth-generation powered studio subwoofer that delivers tight defined bass with remarkable transient performance, control, and punch. Adding this subwoofer to your 2.1 setup or 5.1 surround environment will optimize your mixing and listening experience.
The S12.4 utilizes a 220W Class-D amplifier to power the 12" glass-aramid composite woofer which offers a 32 to 139 Hz frequency response with a peak SPL of 119.9 dB. XLR, 1/4", and RCA inputs and outputs are available, allowing you total flexibility when connecting additional subs and monitors. A four-position selectable crossover lets you adjust the subwoofer settings to easily match your existing monitors. The S12.4 can be paired with any full-range studio monitor, but really shines when paired with KRK's Rokit and VXT monitors. The curved design with front-firing bass port provides placement flexibility. Other notable features include polarity and input sensitivity controls as well as a ground lift to prevent ground loops. The rugged MDF enclosure and all-steel grille ensure maximum strength and protection.
- Mix with confidence. The bypass footswitch control allows you to quickly mute the sub and send full-range audio to your recording monitors.
- KRK Subwoofers feature reinforced MDF enclosures for maximum strength and durability. Never let a spilled beer or wild ninja roundhouse kick stop your mixing session again.
- KRK engineered the front port to provide low-frequency extension while reducing boundary coupling. The unique shape is optimized to avoid port turbulence.
Plays Well with Others
- Dedicated crossover and optional high-pass filter bypass means that the subwoofers are the perfect complement to powered monitors. From mixing and mastering to sound design, broadcast, and production work—KRK has you covered.
At a Glance
- 12" glass-aramid composite woofer
- Bass extension to 26 Hz with a max SPL of 119 dB
- Footswitch control enables/disables sub and crossover filter (footswitch not included)
- Curved design with front-firing bass port for placement flexibility
- Powerful, lightweight Class-D amplification
- Optimized four-position crossover control
- Universal connectivity: XLR, 1/4" TRS, and RCA inputs and outputs
- Polarity and input sensitivity controls
- All-steel grill and 15mm reinforced MDF enclosure provide maximum strength and protection
- Ground-lift switch prevents ground loops