Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 4x4 USB Audio/MIDI Interface (3rd Generation)
Built to deliver top-shelf sound in a desk-friendly and easy-to-use format for podcasters who need mix-minus functionality when taking calls and for singers and musicians, the third-generation Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 4x4 USB audio/MIDI interface lets artists and content creators score pro-level tone with no learning curve, no matter where they go.
Equally capable for tracking vocals and instruments, the two improved Scarlett microphone preamps feature switchable phantom power for condenser mics, pads to prevent distortion on loud input signals, and a selectable-per-channel Air circuit, which adds clarity-enhancing brightness based on Focusrite's legendary ISA preamplifier.
The two XLR-1/4" combo inputs are outfitted with switches that allow them to accept signal directly from electric instruments such as guitar and bass, from line-level sources such as stereo mixer outputs, or from a hot feed from a drum machine. The rear panel sports two additional fixed-level 1/4" inputs to accommodate more line-level sources such as the outputs of external mic preamps.
Unlocking the ability to record at standard CD quality or high-fidelity resolutions, the 24-bit / 192 kHz AD/DA converters ensure that signals are captured and reproduced with detail and accuracy. With four balanced 1/4" line outputs, a 1/4" stereo headphone jack, and independent control of the headphone and speaker volume settings, the Scarlett 4i4 can simultaneously feed multiple monitoring systems or outboard effects processors.
The virtual loopback function on the Scarlett 4i4 empowers podcasters with an easy mix-minus setup for taking calls without the caller being distracted by a delayed audio return signal. Also, traditional 5-pin MIDI I/O is provided for seamless integration of MIDI equipment such as a keyboard or sound module. You can even utilize your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch to wirelessly control the Scarlett 4i4.
With its bus powering for uninhibited portability, space-saving USB Type-C connection, and extensive software bundle including elementary versions of Ableton Live and Avid Pro Tools music production workstations, virtual instruments, plug-in effects, loops, and more, the Scarlett 4i4 gives you plenty of powerful tools to kick-start your inspiration. Just plug the Scarlett 4i4 into your Mac/Windows computer, fire up your preferred audio recording software, and let the creativity flow.
Portable and Bus Powered
Pristine, High-Resolution Conversion
Scarlett Mic Preamps with Customizable Tone
Instrument/Line Input Switches
Rear-Panel Line Inputs
Straightforward Controls and Level Indication
Independent Headphone and Monitor Outputs
Virtual Loopback for Mix-Minus and More
Powerful Software Control
Extensive Software Bundle
- Ableton Live Lite: Popular music production software
- Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack: The main elements and workflow of the industry standard Pro Tools in an entry-level package hundreds of virtual instrument sounds, 500MB of loops, and great-sounding effects
- 3 Months of Splice Sounds: Get access to millions of high-quality, royalty-free loops, one-shots, and presets, with new releases daily
- Focusrite Red 2 and Red 3 Plug-In Suite: Accurate models Focusrite’s classic Red 2 equalizer and Red 3 compressor
- XLN Audio: Choose of one of four XLN Audio Addictive Keys virtual instruments
- Softube Time & Tone Bundle: World-class reverb, delay, and distortion plug-ins and an easy-to-use mastering tool from Softube
- Access to the Focusrite Plug-In Collective: Receive free versions of innovative software and benefit from discounts