Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 USB Audio Interface (2nd Generation)
Focusrite's second-generation Scarlett 2i4 is a portable audio interface designed specifically for use in a computer environment. Lightweight at 1.9 lb, the device sports two balanced outputs, two Scarlett combination inputs, instrument/line switches, 48V Phantom power, direct monitoring, and the ability to draw power via USB. You can also monitor—or send cue mixes out to instrumentalists—by means of four unbalanced RCA jacks mounted on the rear panel.
The interface is designed to operate handily at resolutions and sample rates of up to 24-bit/192 kHz, and its combination input jacks render it suitable for tracking instruments with much in the way of headroom and little in the way of distortion. A MIDI input and output round out the unit, allowing you to manipulate your DAW by means of a MIDI-controller, and thus, to program software instruments, to automate audio via knobs or faders, and to instantiate other commands.
In addition to its two balanced monitor outputs, the Scarlett 2i4 offers a volume-controllable headphone output on the front. Metal gain controls and a red metal chassis provide a durable construction which can be taken on the road. The 2i4 provides a round-trip latency as low as 2.74 ms at 96 kHz, allowing you to record and monitor processed sound sources in real time.
This interface includes versions of Pro Tools and Ableton Live, as well the Focusrite Red Plug-In Suite (AAX, Audio Units, VST) which delivers modules based on the classic Focusrite Red 2 EQ and Red 3 Compressor hardware. Also included is the Softube Time and Tone Pack for further sonic exploration within your DAW.
- 2 Scarlett mic preamps offering headroom and minimal distortion
- 2 instrument inputs designed for high-level pickups
- Sample rates up to 24-bit/192 kHz
- Headphone output with gain control
- Cue-mix switching with four analogue outputs
- Low latency and direct monitoring
- 2x 1/4-inch balanced jacks
- MIDI I/O connectivity, ideal for sending/receiving MIDI notes from a MIDI controller
- Durable metal construction, portable at 1.9 lb
- Powered by USB
- Includes Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack and Ableton Live Lite
- Includes additional plugins and loops