Arturia MiniBrute 2S Special Edition Noir Semi-Modular Analog Synthesizer/Sequencer (Black)
Arturia MINI BRUTE 2S NOIR Overview
Building upon the success of the original Minibrute, the special edition Arturia MiniBrute 2S Noir is a semi-modular monophonic analog synthesizer with a 48-point patchbay and full Eurorack compatibility. The 2S replaces the keyboard with 16 pressure and velocity sensitive pads and adds an advanced 3-track sequencer borrowed from Arturia's KeyStep controller. Additional updates include a second VCO, a second LFO, and VCO and filter frequency modulation possibilities, as well as modifier-related modulation destinations and a loopable AD envelope. The special edition Noir features a polished black enclosure and is limited in number.
The MiniBrute 2S features a 100% analog signal path and a familiar voice architecture with two independent VCOs. VCO 1 allows for waveform mixing and includes level faders for sawtooth, square, and triangle waveforms, as well as white noise and an external audio input. VCO 2 also includes a level fader and offers a selector with sine, sawtooth, and square wave selections, a tuning knob, and three range selections including Fine, All, and LFO.
Like the original, the MiniBrute 2S includes the classic Steiner-Parker multimode filter with LP, BP, HP, notch selections, and the Brute Factor overdrive. There are dedicated knobs for frequency modulation of the filter and resonance modulation via LFO1 by default. Two envelope generators are included and feature a classic ADSR and an AD with multiple modes allowing for a wide variety of sonic possibilities including looping. No synthesizer would be complete without an LFO, and the MiniBrute 2S offers two with six waveform selections and the ability to run free or sync to the on-board arpeggiator/loop.
The 3-track 64-step sequencer offers up to 64 sequence memories. Sequencer 1 controls pitch, gate, velocity and pressure, while Sequencer 2 or 3 can generate other types of signals, such as gates, pitch CV, LFOs, and envelopes. Real-time and step editing are available. All sequence patterns can be saved and recalled on the fly.
With its user-friendly control interface, classic aesthetic, and potential for endless exploration and tonal tinkering, the MiniBrute 2s encourages creativity. Experiment with rewiring the instrument's internal architecture, or further expand and explore its sonic capabilities by interfacing with your own Eurorack modules. The rugged aluminum enclosure features wooden sides for vintage synthesizer appeal and is also compatible with the RackBrute link system, allowing for Arturia's 3 or 6 RU Eurorack enclosure to be connected for creating a customized setup with a variety of positions. The Arturia MiniBrute 2S ships with a power supply, eight patch cables, and a cookbook with recipes for creating a wide variety of tones and patches.
- Analog Synthesizer
- 2 x analog VCO
- VCO1 : Saw + UltraSaw, Square + Pulse width, Triangle + Metalizer (waveform mixing)
- VCO2 : Sine, Saw, Square waveforms (three tuning ranges)
- VCO 2>1 Hard Sync, VCO1 linear and exponential FM
- White-noise generator
- External audio in
- Steiner-Parker filter (12 dB per octave): Notch, Low-, High-, Band-pass
- 2 LFOs with Sync: Sine, Tri, Saw, Square, Random, Slew Random
- ADSR envelope
- AD envelope
- Trig, gate modes
- One shot or loop
- Attack and decay times CV controllable
- 48-point CV and Gate patchbay
- Inputs and outputs for the voice and sequencer
- Utility Modules: Inverter, attenuators, VCA
- 16 velocity and pressure sensitive pads
- 16 encoders
- 64 sequence memory slots
- Sequence pitch, gate, velocity, and pressure on up to 64 steps
- Sequence modulations such as gates, LFOs, AD envelopes, and more
- Real-time or step-recording modes
- Save and recall sequence patterns on the fly
- MIDI and USB I/O
- Includes 8 patch cables
- Cook Book: Jam-packed full of sonic recipes put together by some of the most illustrious synth chefs around