Arturia KeyStep 37 MIDI Keyboard Controller and Sequencer
Arturia KEYSTEP 37 Overview
Building upon the success of the original, the Arturia KeyStep 37 is a 37-note, slim-key keyboard with an integrated 64-step sequencer/arpeggiator, well suited for the mobile musician, producer, or analog enthusiast. The keyboard offers velocity and aftertouch, while each step of the 64-step sequencer can have up to 8 notes. The step sequencer offers 8 memories, while the arpeggiator mode offers 8 pattern styles. Additionally, the swing and gate length can be set via the keyboard on the fly.
This latest edition to the keystep family adds RGB LEDs on each key for instant feedback on your sequence, arp, and scale, as well as 4 knobs with an LED screen, which provide instant access to inspiring expressive tools and MIDI tweaking for total creative control. Scale quantization has also been added, allowing you to map out KeyStep 37's 3-octave keyboard range with a scale of your choice using Scale mode. Any key you play will automatically quantize to the nearest note in the chosen scale. Choose between chromatic, major, minor, blues, and custom user scales. The updated feature set unlocks the KeyStep 37's enhanced Chord mode, allowing you to choose from 12 chord types, an array of strum effects, and spread the voices out into complex velocity-sensitive parts that respond like a stringed instrument.
Additional performance controls include capacitive-touch pitch-bend and modulation strips. For the analog producer, the KeyStep offers pitch and modulation CV (control voltage) outputs, a Gate output, and Sync I/O via 3.5mm connectors. The KeyStep 37 ships with a USB cable and a free download of Ableton Live Lite.
- 37-note slim-key keybed with velocity and aftertouch
- RGB LEDs on each key for instant feedback on your sequence, arp, scale
- Arpeggiator mode: Up, Down, Inclusive, Exclusive Random, Walk, Pattern, and Order
- Sequencer mode: 8 x 64-step-sequences with Rest, Tie, and Legato note entry
- 8-note polyphony per step
- Step recording and live recording sequencer modes
- Rate control and tap tempo: REC, PLAY, and STOP buttons for performance control over the sequencer and arpeggiator
- 16 assignable and adjustable MIDI CC controls
- Sustain HOLD button
- Sustain pedal jack
- Advanced Chord mode with 12 chord voicings included a user-defined chords and strumming capability
- SHIFT button selection: MIDI Channel selection, Gate Length, Swing, Sequence Edit, Scale quantization, CC Bank selection
- DC power jack for standalone operation
- USB MIDI and MIDI in/out ports
- Sync I/O ports
- Sync source switch: Internal, USB, MIDI, Clock
- CV/Gate outputs with configurable pitch, gate, and modulation formats.
- Capacitive pitch-bend and mod-wheel strips
- Includes Ableton Live Lite