Arturia KeyStep - Controller / Sequencer
Arturia KeyStep Overview
Designed for the mobile musician, producer, or analog enthusiast, the KeyStep from Arturia is a 32-note, slimkey keyboard with an integrated 64-step sequencer/arpeggiator. The slimkey keybed offers velocity and aftertouch, while each step of the 64-step sequencer can have up to 8 notes. The step sequencer offers 8 memories, while the arpeggiator mode offers 8 pattern styles. Additionally, the swing and gate length can be set via the keyboard on-the-fly.
The KeyStep offers a chord-play mode that sets chords and then plays them back with a single note, a feature that can also be used in the arpeggiator mode for chord arpeggiations. Additional performance controls include capacitive-touch pitchbend and modulation strips. For the analog producer, the KeyStep offers pitch and modulation CV (control voltage) outputs, a Gate output, and Sync I/O via 1/8" / 3.5mm connectors. The KeyStep ships with a micro-USB to USB cable.
- Proprietary Slimkey Keybed: A new 32-note keyboard with velocity and aftertouch, designed by Arturia for keyboardists
- Polyphonic Sequencer / Arpeggiator: Each sequence can have 64 steps; each step can have up to 8 notes. Step-sequencer with 8 memories or Arpeggiator mode with 8 pattern styles. Set swing and gate length from the keys
- Chord Play Mode: Set chords and then play them back with a single note. Can also be used in Arpeggiator mode for chord arpeggiations
- Performance Controls: Capacitive-touch pitchbend and modulation strips
- Digital & Standalone: The USB port allows for standard, class-compliant, bus-powered operation. Connect an optional USB power adaptor to use KeyStep in a standalone situation
- The three CV outputs send pitch and gate signals, along with a velocity, aftertouch, or mod. ribbon signal, to control an analog instrument or module
- CV supports 1 volt per octave, volt/Hz modes, Gate output 5V or 12V for modern or vintage gear support
- Sync: Clock input and output supports 1 pulse per step, 2 PPQ (Korg Volca), 24 PPQ DIN sync, 48 PPQ DIN sync. The sync mode selectors allow you to select the clock source: internal, USB, MIDI or Sync input
- Connect: MIDI in/out – full size connectors
- Play: Sustain pedal input
- Low Power: Can be powered by Apple iPad (camera connection kit required)