Arturia AudioFuse Rev2 14x14 Audio Interface (Black)
Arturia AudioFuse Overview
Audio professionals, musicians, DJs, and music producers looking for the sound of a high-end console with the flexibility of a solid mobile interface will be impressed by the black Arturia AudioFuse Rev2, a 14x14 audio interface one-to-one control interface that builds upon the success of the original and is considered the swiss army knife of the audio world.
The AudioFuse Rev2 features many enhancements including an updated firmware that enhances communication and performance with your computer, an improved power connection, and vents along the sides to improve air flow for better CPU performance even under the most taxing recording situations.
The AudioFuse was designed from the ground up utilizing DiscretePRO microphone preamps, which rely on a discrete component topology to achieve studio-quality performance. A temperature-compensated oscillator controls the reference clock to ensure jitter free analog-to-digital conversion and provides remarkable transparency at sampling rates up to 192 kHz. There are no menus to dive through as every function is a single layer with dedicated knob and button controls.
Inputs 1 and 2 feature combo XLR/TRS 1/4" connectors for mic pres, line inputs, and instrument inputs. Inputs 3 and 4 share a set of stereo 1/4" connectors with a stereo RCA RIAA phono preamps with a ground connection for connecting a turntable. Speaker output A and B offer two sets of stereo 1/4" outputs for connecting two sets of monitors, while the two dedicated headphone outputs feature independent volume control and offer both 1/4" and 1/8" jacks. The digital ADAT lightpipe ports add an additional eight channels of input and output, while two coaxial connectors offer S/PDIF and wordclock I/O.
Connect any hardware MIDI device with the included MIDI cable adapters, or use the USB hub to connect controllers and other devices. The dedicated micro-USB port offers connections to your computer, tablet, or phone. The AudioFuse offers 3 ms round-trip latency into and out of your computer, while the direct monitoring function allows for the blending of a recorded track with the direct signal for true zero latency performance. The built-in talkback microphone allows communication from the control room to musicians in a remote studio. The output control section controls output level with VU meters, audio mix selection, mono mode, output dimming, mute, and speaker A/B selection.
At a Glance
- 14 input and output channels
- 4 analog inputs, two mic/instrument/line and two phono/line
- 4 analog outputs
- 2 analog inserts
- ADAT in and out
- S/PDIF in and out
- Word clock in and out
- MIDI in and out
- 3-port USB hub
- 2 microphone preamps with DiscretePRO technology
- 2 phono RIAA preamps
- 24-bit latest generation AD/DA converters at up to 192 kHz sampling rate
- Option for analog soft-clipping
- Talkback feature with a dedicated built-in microphone
- A/B speaker switching
- Direct monitoring
- Separate master and monitor mix channels
- USB interface with PC, Mac, iOS, Android, and Linux compatibility
- Aluminum chassis, leather trim
AudioFuse Control Center
- AudioFuse lets you access a large number of fundamental features directly from its top panel. Once it's connected to a computer, AudioFuse transforms into a full-featured mixing console.
- AudioFuse Control Center controls the mixer, selection of inputs, routing, monitoring, and additional functions such as sampling rate, Clock Source, Pad, Cue, and more. Another useful touch is that AudioFuse will remember the latest AFCC settings for standalone use until the next time you connect and change them.
- Analog Inputs: AudioFuse gives you exceptionally high quality analog inputs that capture every nuanced detail. In addition to line-level signals, the two XLR combo-jack inputs on the front let you record high impedance instruments like electric guitars and basses, as well as your microphones. AudioFuse can take anything you throw at it and reveal every subtlety. Do you need more? The ¼” TRS jacks and RIAA grounded phono RCA inputs let you add two line level instruments or a turntable for recording or scratching your vinyl LPs.
- Digital I/O: AudioFuse is the master of the digital realm. Beyond its main plug-and-play USB connection, letting you connect AudioFuse to your computer, tablet, or phone, you will find optical / coaxial S/PDIF I/O to link it with your hi-fi devices. You can use AudioFuse together with other ADAT-enabled equipment to give your inputs and outputs a boost, too. Easily bank up an extra set of mic preamps and record a whole band at once. AudioFuse also features innovative, space-saving breakout MIDI connections, opening up a whole new world of exciting sounds, outboard synths, and sound modules to your setup.
- Analog Outputs: To get the best idea of how your music truly sounds, you'll often need to compare multiple sets of reference monitors and speakers. AudioFuse features 2 sets of line outputs, so you can quickly and efficiently send your mix to different monitoring systems to make sure it translates well. The amazing output options don't stop there, AudioFuse has two separate headphone outputs with both 1/4" and 3.5mm, so you'll never have to hunt for adapters again. These outputs can also be put to great use on stage, but also for advanced techniques in the studio, too. The huge reamping possibilities of AudioFuse are truly inspiring, letting you track your dry signal while simultaneously sending it, impedance corrected, to a guitar amp for recording.
- Additional I/O: Potential, effectiveness, and convenience all play a part in how your musical project will progress. AudioFuse gives you all the tools you need to make the most of any situation. For example, processing your sounds through outboard effects units, pedals, or modules is quick and easy when you have two insert connections. Connecting your USB controllers or dongles without running out of USB slots on your computer simply isn't a problem anymore thanks to its built-in USB hub. You may also want to directly control vintage synths or drum machines? MIDI connetions are at your service. Finally, the wordclock connection will ensure that all your equipment stays perfectly in sync.
Compatibility with All Platforms
- Professional and flexible, AudioFuse can work with any system, whether on a PC or Mac. When you need to record on location and capture those moments of inspiration, connect to iOS or Android. No matter what your device, AudioFuse brings you musical world together and keeps everything simple.
Plug and Play
- No fiddly driver installations: Arturia made the decision to use generic drivers and worldwide USB 2 to ensure you're always ready to record, unlike proprietary drivers that need to be developed and maintained after each operating system update. It's solid, reliable, and lets AudioFuse perform its best at all times with the bandwidth you need and the unnoticeable latency you expect.
- AudioFuse features 4 power modes, including Green Mode, to save your laptop battery life. When connected and powered by USB, AudioFuse will automatically function at an adjusted resolution to give you crystal clear recording and playback with lower power requirements. Record, perform, and mix anywhere.
- For the recording musician, from the moment you strike your instrument or sing a note, you want to hear it back immediately. AudioFuse features exceptionally low latency as low as 3 ms depending on your setup, with a frequently measured value of 4.5 ms on a wide range of computers. It allows musicians to never lose their feel and vibe. The class-compliant driver and carefully designed internal signal flow delivers near-real-time results from input to output stage.
AudioFuse Create Suite
- Pre TridA: Music industry gold-dust. Get that ultrarare Soho preamp sound and musical EQ that added flavor to countless best-selling hits for over half a century.
- Pre 1973: Inspired by the hugely influential British studio sound, the Arturia Pre 1973 is the key to getting that harmonically exciting, solid-state '70s tone.
- Pre V76: The key to getting that White Album sound are these reinvented German-engineered, tube-driven broadcast preamps that were beloved by Abbey Road.
- Filter Mini: Dr. Robert Moog’s iconic smooth ladder filter is accurately recreated and updated with an LFO, envelope follower, and a step sequencer.
- Chorus JUN-6: Chorus JUN-6 resurrects a classic synth effect with 3 simple modes offering glorious stereo width, subtle analog movement, and perfectly emulated BBD warmth.
- Comp FET-76: Modeled after the most soughtafter compressor ever made, the Class A FET sound our 1176 software recreation seems to make everything sound better.
- Delay TAPE-201: The Arturia Delay TAPE-201 gives you everything you love about the sound of vintage hardware tape delays, but with the reliability and versatility of software.
- Rev PLATE-140: The silky smooth, resonant tone of vintage plate reverbs have shaped the sound of many iconic vocal performances, giving the drums of best-selling tracks air, and bringing whole mixes together with bright and sweet overtones.
- Analog Lab Intro: A superb software instrument containing hundreds of amazing presets taken from Arturia’s award-winning V Collection. Analog synths, pianos, organs, and more.
- Phaser BI-TRON: A double-barrelled modulation powerhouse that lets you weave your own kinetic sound with advanced routing, dual phaser circuits, and beautiful analog character.