Akai Professional Tom Cat Analog Drum Machine
AKAI PROFESSIONAL TOM CAT ANALOG DRUM MACHINE
The Tom Cat from Akai Professional is an analog drum machine with a built-in sequencing. The unit features the sounds of early electronic and hip hop music and was inspired by the classic analog beat machines and synthesizers of the past.
The drum machine consists of five customizable drum sounds that include kick, snare, open and closed hi-hat, clap and disco toms. Onboard controls allow users to adjust the tuning, amplitude envelopes, and volume of each drum voice. The disco toms are chromatically tunable and played via the 16 step keys that may be played like a piano keyboard.
Outfitted with six genuine MPC pads and a built-in thirty-two step sequencer, the Tom Cat provides a responsive interface with a classic drum machine layout. Drum patterns can be fine-tuned using the swing function, pattern select, and tempo control knob. A custom distortion signal path, activated by the "Maul" knob, adds grit and character for additional tone shaping.
The unit features USB-MIDI, MIDI In/Out, a gate trigger In/Out, and integrates seamlessly with modern and vintage equipment. Two 1/4" TRS audio outputs are offered for Main and Headphone output. The Tom Cat ships with a power adapter
- True analog drum machine with five percussion voices
- Kick, snare, and clap sounds with chromatically tunable Disco Toms
- On-board 32-step sequencer with classic drum machine workflow
- Gate trigger In/Out, for triggering your sequences via modular synths, vintage sequencers or external sound sources
- “Maul” circuitry to dirty up your drum beats
- 6 custom-calibrated MPC-style pads for sequencing and finger drumming