Allen & Heath Model 1 Mixer
Allen & Heath Model 1 Mixer
The Allen & Heath Model 1 delivers next-level performance for DJs, electronic musicians, and even club owners with installed in-house systems. Featuring a smart set of inputs and outputs, a dual cue system for back-to-back DJ sets, and rugged dual-rail 60mm faders, the Model 1 is a DJ mixer that any artist will appreciate. And with analog overdrive available on every input, contouring filters and sculpting EQ on each channel, and a fully-balanced mix bus, you have everything you need to perform with studio-quality sound. Created with years of testing and feedback by professional performing DJs and electronic musicians, the Allen & Heath Model 1 is a highly-capable performance instrument.
Outstanding signal path from ins to outs
All six stereo input channels on the Allen & Heath Model 1 mixer can be fed either from the phono line inputs (three with high-quality phono preamps and turntable binding posts), or the balanced DB-25 input. Internally, the Zero Crossing detection circuitry minimizes unwanted sonic artifacts that could potentially occur when toggling the master EQ or master filter on and off. On the way out, your choice of balanced XLR or DB-25 outputs deliver high-fidelity sound with ultra-low noise.
Analog overdrive available on every input
Every input channel on the Model 1 mixer offers analog overdrive ‰ÛÓ even the stereo effects returns. Use it to adjust the level at which the channel preamp clips the input signal, creating as much or as little harmonic distortion as you want. But be mindful of your overall mix ‰ÛÓ DJs at Sweetwater have found that the analog drive sounds so good, it's easy to overdo it.
Per-channel Sculpting EQ and Contouring Filters
It's obvious that Allen & Heath listened to artists when you look at the Model 1's Sculpting EQ and Contour filters found on each channel. The highpass and lowpass Contour filters are designed to sound transparent, with very little resonance at the cutoff frequency ‰ÛÓ perfect for fine-tuning the high and low ends of any spectrum. And the Sculpting EQ has an asymmetric response with 8dB of boost and -20dB of cut, a smart range for either adding a highlight to a track or cutting unwanted sonic clutter.
Designed with Performing DJs in Mind
DualCue system for back-to-back DJ performances
The Model 1 mixer offers two separate cue systems. Two DJs can perform on the mixer together, each selecting a separate channel to monitor without interfering with the other. It also makes it much easier for one DJ to hand off to another in a smooth, natural fashion. If you're using two Model 1 mixers linked together, the two cue systems are joined to allow interactive cueing between performers.
Two stereo sends and returns
If you rely on external effects processors in your live rig, you know the pain of using a mixer without dedicated returns for each of its aux sends. The Model 1 offers two stereo effects sends, with a dedicated return for each. And just like every other input, the returns offer analog overdrive for adding harmonic richness or distortion. The returns can be routed to both cue systems, and each features a level meter to help you keep your signal levels in check. And a combined Low Cut EQ and Master Filter for both returns make it much easier to keep your mix clean and tight.
Master Filter for transitions or momentary effects
Each channel on the Model 1 mixer has a Filter select switch that routes that channel through the Master Filter section. With separate lowpass and highpass filters that can be engaged at the push of a button, you'll be able to quickly create sweeps for transitions or momentary filter effects.
Support for dual power supplies
If you've performed in a lot of different venues, you know that stable, reliable power isn't something you can count on ‰ÛÓ especially when the subwoofers are running full throttle. Thankfully the Model 1 has connections for two power supplies (one is included, another can be purchased separately). If one of the mains power phases fails, the other will seamlessly take over. Just remember to connect your power supplies to outlets on separate circuits.
2-band Booth EQ for tweaking your booth monitors
The Model 1 mixer makes it easy to fine-tune the response of your booth monitors to suit your preference. The 2-band Booth EQ offers 10dB of boost or cut for bass and highs.
Front-mounted Record Out for recording your set
To make it easy to record your set to a personal recorder or other device, the Model 1 mixer is equipped with an 1/8" TRS line output on the front panel. This post-Master EQ, pre-fader output delivers a high-quality signal for recording, without having to sacrifice one of your other outputs for that purpose.
Allen & Heath Model 1 DJ Mixer Features:
- Performance-based mixer for DJs and electronic musicians
- 6 stereo input channels plus two stereo aux sends with dedicated returns
- 3 premium phono preamps for better sound quality with turntables
- Rugged dual-rail 60mm faders for smooth operation and years of reliability
- Per-channel Sculpting EQ and Contouring Filters for fine-tuning individual channels
- Analog overdrive available on every input for adding harmonic richness or distortion
- Two independent cue systems allow two DJs to perform on the same mixer
- Link 2 Model 1 mixers together to double your channel count, or to combine the master mix and cue systems for multiple performers
- Fully-balanced mix bus for dynamic, high-fidelity sound and ultra-low noise
- Master 3-band EQ and Master Filters for exceptional sonic control over your mix
- 2-band Booth EQ for fine-tuning the sound of your booth monitors
- Innovative Zero Crossing Circuitry minimizes pops and clicks that could potentially be caused when switching filters and EQs on or off
- External power supply with high-frequency switching technology for high signal headroom
- Supports dual power supplies for redundant power operation
- Fully-balanced DB-25 inputs and outputs for easier club installs
- Front-mounted 1/8" stereo line output for recording