Akai Professional MPK mini MKII - Compact Keyboard and Pad Controller (White-on-Black)
- 25 Velocity-Sensitive Keys
- 8 Backlit Pads
- 8 Assignable Q-Link Knobs
- Pitch/Modulation 4-Way Thumbstick
- USB MIDI and Power
- Sustain Pedal Input Jack
- Downloadable Music Creation Software
- Mac OS X
Akai Professional MPKMINIWHITE Overview
The white-on-black MPK Mini mkII from Akai Professional is an ultra-compact keyboard controller designed for the traveling musician and the desktop producer. It features twenty-five velocity-sensitive synth-action mini keys, a four-way thumbstick for pitch and modulation manipulation, eight backlit velocity-sensitive MPC-style pads in two banks, and eight assignable Q-Link knobs. With an array of hardware controls, the MPK Mini allows for recording, composing, and performing, whenever and wherever inspiration strikes.
Dedicated octave-up and down buttons increase the keyboard to the full melodic range, and a sustain pedal input is built-in for expressive playing and recording (pedal not included). An onboard arpeggiator with adjustable resolution, range, and modes makes it easy to create intricate melodic lines. Plus, MPC Note Repeat and Full Level allow users to access technologies from Akai Professional's line of MPC workstations.
Production software and virtual instruments are included for immediate music creation. Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech is a high-definition synthesizer. SONiVOX's Wobble is an electronic music grime synthesizer featuring two independent channels of spectral morphing synthesis with harmonic controls, individual filtering, and discrete LFO controls. MPC Essentials is a groove/beat production and sample-triggering software that also runs in standalone mode for making music without a DAW.
Four memory banks can store hardware/software presets for quick and easy setup. The MPK Mini MIDI Editor is preset management software that lets you: customize your hardware and software setup on a Mac or Windows computer; create and tweak presets for favorite virtual instruments, plug-ins, and DAWs; and then, store them on the controller. The controller requires no software drivers or external power adapter for operation. It supports plug-and-play connectivity, features USB-MIDI, and powers up with a single USB connection to a Mac or Windows computer.
- Twenty-five synth-action mini keys
- Four-way thumbstick for pitch and modulation control
- Eight backlit velocity-sensitive MPC-style pads with note repeat and full level
- Eight assignable Q-Link knobs for mixing, tweaking plug-ins, and more
- Built-in arpeggiator with adjustable resolution, range, and modes
- Dedicated octave-up and octave-down buttons
- Ultra-compact design allows for creating anywhere
- USB powered - no power adapter required
- Full-size sustain pedal input jack
- Comprehensive production software package includes Akai Pro MPC Essentials, SONiVOX Wobble, and Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech (downloads)