Akai Professional MPD218 USB MIDI Pad Controller
The MPD218 by Akai Professional is a MIDI-over-USB pad controller which brings the feel of classic MPC beat-making to producers, programmers, musicians and DJs, in a lightweight and compact package.
Sixteen ultra-sensitive Thick Fat backlit MPC pads are used to trigger drum hits and other samples in your software or external MIDI sound module, and are pressure- and velocity-sensitive, for a responsive feel and intuitive playing. You can switch between three pad banks to control up to 48 samples.
The MPD218 features 3 banks of 6 assignable 360° potentiometers which send continuous controller messages to the software for up to 18 parameters. The controller incorporates some of the MPC's most popular functions such as a Note-Repeat button and Full-Level mode.
The unit is bus-powered and class-compliant with Mac and Windows, and is iOS-compatible via Apple's Camera Connection kit (available separately). It comes with a comprehensive software bundle which includes Ableton Live Lite, Akai Pro MPC Essentials, Sonivox Big Bang Cinematic Percussion & Big Bang Universal Drums, and Software Preset Editor.
- 16 x ultra-sensitive Thick Fat backlit MPC pads
- Switch between three pad banks to control up to 48 samples
- 6 x assignable 360° potentiometers send continuous controller messages to your software or external MIDI device
- Control-Bank button to select one of three banks of potentiometers and control up to 18 parameters
- Program-Select button to recall pre-mapped layout of pads
- Note-Repeat button to retrigger pad at a rate based on the current tempo and time-division settings
- Full-Level mode causes pads to always play at a maximum velocity no matter how hard or soft you hit them
- 16 configurable presets
- iOS-compatible with Apple’s Camera Connection kit (sold separately)
- MIDI information is sent over plug-and-play USB interface for use with Mac or Windows
- USB powered, no AC adapter required
- Kensington lock slot to secure unit to a table or surface
- Included software: Ableton Live Lite, Akai Pro MPC Essentials, Sonivox Big Bang Cinematic Percussion & Big Bang Universal Drums, and Software Preset Editor