Allen & Heath ZED60-10FX - 6 Channel Mixer with Digital Effects and USB Connectivity
- 4 Low-Noise Mic/Line Inputs w/ 3-Band EQ
- 2 Hi-Z Guitar Inputs w/ Switchable Boost
- 2 Stereo Channels w/ 2-Band EQ
- USB Connectivity for Audio Send/Return
- 16 Built-In Effects w/ Parameter Adjust
- FX Send and Aux Send per Channel
- Dedicated Stereo Recording Output Buss
- Very Flexible Headphone Monitoring
- Per Channel "Listen" Solo Switch
- Main Mix Inserts
The Allen & Heath ZED60-10FX is a small, 6-channel mixer that packs an incredible amount of connectivity along with built-in digital effects. It's a great companion for live mixing, live recording, and multitracking over USB.
The ZED60-10FX features 4 mic/line inputs with 3-band EQ and Phantom Power. Channels 3 and 4 have 1/4" Hi-Z instrument-level inputs for connecting guitars, electric basses, etc. There are 2 additional stereo channels for connecting keyboards or other stereo sources, like a CD player or iPod.
The channel strips of the ZED60-10FX have big functionality for a small format mixer. Each channel features low and high frequency shelving EQ, while the mono channels add a 100Hz high pass filter and an extra band of sweepable midrange. An FX send on each channel controls how much signal is sent to the onboard effects buss, while an Aux send can feed an independent monitor mix. After the panning controls, each channel can be sent or bypassed from the recording buss, post-EQ solo'd with the "Listen" button, or muted. The final stage of each channel strip is a 60mm level fader, providing a tactile mixing experience.
There are 16 digital effects built into the ZED60-10FX, including delays, reverbs, doubler, flanger, and chorus. These same effects algorithms are used on the Allen & Heath flagship digital consoles. Each preset has a parameter adjust control to morph the overall intensity of the effect.
The output section of the ZED60-10FX is perhaps its most versatile element. In addition to the balanced XLR main outputs, there are recording outputs and switchable-source monitor outputs both with stereo RCA connectors. Additionally, a USB output allows you to route the recording buss directly into a computer.
The Allen & Heath ZED60-10FX offers flexibility and functionality that you'd never expect from a 6-channel mixer. With built-in effects, extensive routing options, and high quality components, the ZED60-10FX will always have an extra feature that comes in handy.
- Vertically-Mounted Channel Circuit Boards
- The ZED60-10FX is built of individual vertically-mounted channel circuit boards, with each rotary control fixed to the front panel by a metal nut.
- Microphone Preamplifiers Based on the MixWizard Series Design
- The ZED preamps utilize low-noise discrete transistor circuitry to achieve high gain, low noise, and good linearity.
- Hi-Z Guitar Inputs
- Channels 3 and 4 include high impedance, discrete, class A, FET inputs for plugging a guitar or other instrument straight in. A 26dB gain boost switch allows instruments with very low output pickups to be used, and the FET does a great job of approximating the sound of tube input circuitry.
- Equalization per Channel
- Each of the mono inputs feature a switchable high pass filter and a 3-band equalizer with sweepable mids. The stereo channels have low and high frequency shelving EQ.
- Onboard Digital Effects
- The ZED60-10FX has 16 built-in digital effects, including delays, reverbs, doubler, flanger, and chorus. These same effects algorithms are used on Allen & Heath's flagship digital consoles.
- Recording Buss
- Each channel has a switchable send to a separate stereo buss specifically for recording to an external source through dual RCA jacks or over USB.
- USB Connectivity
- CD-quality audio can be sent or received from your Mac or PC via the ZED60-10FX's USB port.