Allen & Heath XONE:K2 PROFESSIONAL DJ MIDI CONTROLLER
The Allen & Heath Xone:K2 is a highly portable and extremely versatile professional DJ MIDI controller with an integrated four-channel sound card, well suited for discerning DJs that demand maximum performance and portability. The Xone:K2 establishes control over any DJ software title (Mac and Windows) and features 52 tactile hardware controls that deliver up to 171 MIDI commands over 3 layers. The layers are latchable and may be configured to have any (or none) of the controls assigned up to 3 functions each.
The integrated, professional-quality soundcard is capable of up to four audio channels (or 2x2 in stereo) with a headphone output on the front and RCA audio outputs on the rear. Connect directly to powered speakers or amplifiers, an open channel of a DJ mixer, or connect multiple Xone:K2s using its X:LINK Interface. Additional Xone:K2 increase the audio channel count, and allow for independent deck mixing, and separate channel assignments in a DJ mixer.
The Allen & Heath Xone:K2 ships with a USB cable, an X:LINK cable, and a durable roadworthy case that also serves as a base, which raises the Xone:K2 in height and enables the controller to remain flush with most professional DJ mixers.
- Xone:K2 is a universal MIDI controller and is perfect for use with any DJ software, such as Traktor Pro, Ableton, Virtual DJ, PCDJ and MixVibes. Xone:K2 can even be used to control lights or VJ software. If it can receive MIDI data, it can take commands from K2.
- MIDI Control
- Xone:K2 has 52 physical controls including 12 analog and 6 endless rotary encoders with push switches, 4 linear faders, and 30 backlit performance switches - providing up to 171 MIDI control commands across 3 layers. What each control does is entirely up to you; you can create a completely customized layout that perfectly fits the way you want to work. MIDI mapping is included to get you started right out of the box, and information on how to set up your own mapping is included.
- Latching Layers
- By assigning controls to multiple layers, you can give a single physical control up to 3 functions. You can configure all, some, or none of K2's controls to be linked to the latching layers system. As a quick visual reminder, when toggling through layers, all switches assigned to a particular layer will illuminate in the appropriate color.
- Audio Interface
- Xone:K2 has a high-quality internal four-channel (2 stereo) soundcard. Setup options include using the Xone:K2 with either headphones, headphones and a mix/PA system, or with an external mixer to help meet modern DJs' requirements.
- Style with Strength
- A slimline chassis, soft touch controls, and minimal looks set the K2 apart. There's plenty of substance too: Xone:K2 is built to Allen & Heath's renowned touring grade audio and build quality standards including the use of steel nuts on all rotary controls to protect the circuitry from impact damage.
- Case / Stand
- Xone:K2 comes packed in a robust black padded case as standard. As well as keeping it safe on the road, the case doubles as a stand, bringing the K2 up to the same height as most pro DJ mixers.
- Two K2s can be linked via Allen & Heath's X:LINK protocol, giving you twice as much control capability. X:LINK uses a standard RJ45 connector and distributes power and data, which means two K2s can be connected to your software using only one USB port on your computer. X:LINK also allows connection to the Xone:DB4 and Xone:DB2 mixers, offering further expansion.